The Bible tells us that God created mankind as a new race of eternal beings for Him to love and for us to serve Him for eternity. He created the earth, and the universe to hang it in, as a place for mankind to be tested for whether or not they meet His requirements. Life is a pass/fail test that each person only gets one chance to try. God tells us He will save only those who pass this test by meeting His requirements. He will take those who do so to be with Him in Heaven for eternity in joy without pain or sorrow. But those who do not pass His test, He will have eternally destroyed in Hell in terrible torment.
Breaking any of God’s rules is called sin. God tells us that He hates sin and that any sin will keep someone from being saved, unless someone saves us. He further tells us that all people sin… every one of us.
The wonderful thing is that God loves each of us, and would that all of us be saved! That’s why He made us! So He sent Jesus Christ, His Son, to earth as a man, to live a perfect life and then die for us, to make a way for us to be saved despite our sins! He tells us clearly in the Bible all that He requires each of us do in order for Him to save us. What He tells us is not complicated. Plus He gives us examples of people doing just what He tells us to do.
So the crucial question for each of us is, “What Must I Do to Be Saved?”
Here’s what God tells us in the Bible that we must do to be saved:
- Read the Bible or have someone teach us what the Bible says we must do to obey God and be saved. Always do what the Bible says, and not anything different that someone else might say.
- Believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
- Repent of our sins, and change our lives so we don’t live a sinful life anymore.
- Confess to others that we believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- Be baptized (immersed in water) for the forgiveness of our sins, to have them washed away by God. When we do this, God also adds us to Christ’s church, which is made up of all of those who have been saved.
- From then on, live a faithful Christian life, trying hard to obey God’s rules, and serving God all of our lives. That consists of things like:
- Studying the Bible eagerly and regularly to learn more of such things as how you need to live your life, and of the promises God makes to those who have been saved.
- Praying to God daily, in the name of Jesus Christ, thanking Him for all the good things He has done for you, and asking Him for the things you need.
- Faithfully attending worship service at a church where they worship and serve God the same way that the first Christians we read about in the New Testament of the Bible did.
- Teaching other people to help them know they are lost, that God still loves them, and what they need to do to be saved.
- Giving back to God’s work cheerfully and generously, in both money and time, as He has blessed us.
- Helping others who are truly in need.
Now that you know what God says it takes for you to be saved, what is keeping you from doing that? !!!
Be baptized into Christ just as soon as you can! Begin living a Christian life. And look forward to eternity with God and Jesus Christ in Heaven!!! (Warning!!! Remember that until you have been baptized into Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, you are in terrible danger that if you die now, you will needlessly spend eternity in Hell!)
If you have any questions, if you need help studying further what the Bible says, or if you need help being baptized, please call us at 918-587-4023, or contact us via email by clicking on this link: Contact Us